The Mystery Guest said...
The recent VisitEngland mystery guest maintained Boningale Manor at 4-star rating, a quality we've maintained since we opened our doors in 2003. Cleanliness, Bedrooms, Bathrooms, Hospitality) were graded Level 4 ("very good"). The fifth category, Breakfast, didn't just make it over the 85% required for Level 5 "Excellent", but was marked 100%. This maintains our Breakfast Award.
You can download pictures and full details of every bedroom below. All of our bedrooms are equipped with very comfortable beds. Each is equipped with TV, a courtesy tray (tea, coffee, hot chocolate, biscuits and filtered water), towels, extra blankets and hair-dryer. Ironing, fridge/freezer and toiletries are all available on request. Wi-Fi is readily picked up, at no charge. All of the B&B rooms look out over our fields and/or gardens. Enjoy watching the squirrels collecting nuts, the horses grazing in the paddock and spot a wide variety of birds (wrens, various tits and sparrows, robins, nut hatches, our resident population of house martins, starlings, blackbirds, pigeons, spotted & green woodpeckers, patridges, pheasants, crows, hawks and buzzards).
We use anti-allergy pillows/duvets and 100% cotton linen. If you have other preferences concerning bedding, please just let us know so that we can arrange to meet your needs.
A bedroom for two guests costs £55 per night. Single occupancy attracts a £10 discount. A third guest can be arranged for rooms 1 and 4 using a foldaway bed @£20 per night.
MULTI-NIGHT DISCOUNT: If you stay three nights, or more, this will attract a 10% discount on your total bill, including the costs of breakfasts.
Click on the link below to view our current menu and prices
- Full English (starting from our 5-part 'Full English')
- Crispy Bacon and Eggs
- Scottish (smoked salmon, scrambled eggs & mushrooms on toast,
- American (Home-Made Corned Beef with beans and egg with waffle - or roasties for the hungry)
- Pre-Order Specials
Guests at Boningale Manor are spoiled for choice concerning evening meals!
- An easy walk away (less than quarter of a mile) is the welcoming 'The Summer House' pub which offers good value meals.
- Just half-a-mile away, Marston's UK Food Pub of 2016 'Horns of Boningale' offers truly excellent food and yet, like us, is not pricy.
- Albrighton, Shifnal and the surrounding areas offer many other choices and we'd be pleased to listen to your preferences and advise you.
- If you are rolling in after 2100, which will be too late for many local restaurants (once you've showered and changed from your journey), pre-book an evening meal with Boningale Manor! We are considered reasonably good at some British, Spanish, Italian, Moroccan, Lebanese, Persian, Indian, Maylasian, Chinese & Caribbean dishes.
Radio alarms are available upon request. For those who require a morning call, let us know the day before. We are very happy to set our alarms to 'knock on your door' because we'll be cooking for you. Visiting royalty or utter romantics can pre-book being woken to the Call of the Piobmhor (the rousing sound of Scotland's Great Highland Bagpipes!).