The Mystery Guest said...
The recent VisitEngland mystery guest maintained Boningale Manor at 4-star rating, a quality rating we've maintained since we opened our doors in 2003. Cleanliness, Bedrooms, Bathrooms & Hospitality were all graded Level 4 ("very good"). The fifth category, Breakfast, didn't just make it over the 85% required for Level 5 "Excellent", but was marked 100%. This maintains our Breakfast Award.
All of our bedrooms are equipped with very comfortable beds. We use anti-allergy pillows/duvets and 100% cotton linen. If you have other preferences concerning bedding, please just let us know so that we can arrange to meet your needs. Each is equipped with TV, a courtesy tray (tea, coffee, hot chocolate, biscuits and filtered water), towels, extra blankets and hair-dryer. Ironing, fridge/freezer and toiletries are all available free-of-charge on request. Wi-Fi is readily picked up, again at no charge.
All of the B&B rooms look out over our fields and/or gardens. Enjoy watching the squirrels collecting nuts and spot a wide variety of birds (wrens, various tits and sparrows, robins, nut hatches, our resident population of house martins, starlings, blackbirds, pigeons, spotted & green woodpeckers, partridges, pheasants, crows, hawks and buzzards).
You can download pictures and full details of every bedroom by clicking onto the link below.
A bedroom for two guests costs £55 per night. Single occupancy attracts a £10 discount. A third guest can be arranged for rooms 1 and 4 using a foldaway bed @£20 per night.
- Full English (starting from our 5-part 'Full English')
- Crispy Bacon and Eggs
- Scottish (smoked salmon, scrambled eggs & mushrooms on toast,
- American (Home-Made Corned Beef with beans and egg with waffle - or roasties for the hungry)
- Pre-Order Specials
Guests at Boningale Manor are spoiled for choice concerning evening meals!
- An easy walk away (less than quarter of a mile) is the welcoming 'The Summer House' pub which offers good value meals.
- Just half-a-mile away, Marston's UK Food Pub of 2016 'Horns of Boningale' offers truly excellent food and yet, like us, is not pricy.
- Albrighton, Shifnal and the surrounding areas of Wolverhampton and Telford offer many other choices and we'd be pleased to listen to your preferences and advise you.
- If you are rolling in after 2100, which will be too late for many local restaurants (once you've showered and changed from your journey), pre-book an evening meal with Boningale Manor! We are considered reasonably good at some British, Spanish, Italian, Moroccan, Lebanese, Persian, Indian, Maylasian, Chinese & Caribbean dishes.
Radio alarms are available upon request. For those who require a morning call, let us know the day before. We are very happy to set our alarms to 'knock on your door' because we'll be cooking for you. Visiting royalty or utter romantics can pre-book being woken to the Call of the Piobmhor (the rousing sound of Scotland's Great Highland Bagpipes!).